Welcome Parents and Guests! FASET is not just for students, it's for families as well! Whether you have been on the Georgia Tech campus before or not, there is always something to learn, something to experience, and someone to meet. The Parent and Guest Orientation Program is an excellent opportunity for parents to become familiar with Georgia Tech. Parents continue to play a role of the utmost importance in their college student's development and education, and Parent and Guest Orientation helps parents and guests create realistic expectations for their student and offers a great deal of information to assist both parents and students in making the transition to Georgia Tech. FASET also offers a Sibling Orientation that runs during the two day FASET session for siblings of incoming students from the ages of 6-16.
Parent and Guest Orientation runs separately from the student program, focusing on a variety of topics of interest to parents of new students. Throughout the program, you will have the opportunity to:
- Attend presentations on academic success, financial matters, housing, parking, campus safety, and much more
- Participate in a campus resources fair
- Meet with other parents of first-year students attending FASET
- Attend break-out sessions designed for your individual needs
- Meet with key campus administrators during our Parents Program reception
- Attend departmental orientation/academic advising session with your student
While attending FASET is not required, it is a great way for parents and guests to learn ways to support your student through their various experiences they will encounter at Tech. The FASET Office strongly believes that family participation during your student's transition to college is invaluable, and we hope you will choose to attend FASET.
Parents and guests can register for FASET Orientation as part of the student registration process.
Parents and Families should also visit Parent and Family Programs for more information on how to support their students at Georgia Tech.