Apply to be a Wreck Camp Director!
Wreck Camp is an extended orientation experience for incoming students that brings together new and current students to help jump start the college experience. Wreck Camp is designed to aid new undergraduate students in their transition to Georgia Tech by developing a diverse social network and strengthening their ties to the Institute through the introduction of campus culture and traditions.Wreck Camp is a great opportunity for a student to spend their time volunteering to impact a new student's transition into the Institute. Upperclass students have the opportunity to impact incoming students transition into Georgia Tech by teaching them the spirit and traditions, all while building their own leadership skills.
Wreck Camp Directors serve as the executive officers of the organization and lead the Wreck Camp staff through training and social events to prepare the staff to welcome incoming Tech students.
Wreck Camp Director Members Commit To:
- Be an extension of the Wreck Camp professional staff and help direct and advise the Wreck Camp staff
- Lead a Wreck Camp Committee tasked with committee specific projects to be completed throughout the year
- Lead and advise a Wreck Camp Color Team serving as a resource and support to a group consisting of 15 Wreck Camp staff members
- Attend weekly training meetings during the year on Monday evenings from 6:00 - 8:30 p.m.
- Represent Georgia Tech at the 2018 Annual Southern Regional Orientation Workshop (March 16-18, 2018) including group educational presentations and spirit performances
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of the 2018 Wreck Camp staff
- Maintain good academic and judicial standing with Georgia Tech
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Work with institutional and community partners to enable the success of Wreck Camp and other NSSP programs
- Share your love and passion of Georgia Tech with incoming students and guests
- Significant experience developing and incorporating departmental initiatives while leading peers
- Fun and rewarding service to Georgia Tech
- Great opportunity to develop professional and personal relationships with faculty, staff, and students.
- Opportunity to attend conferences and other types of professional development opportunities throughout the year.
- Student leadership stipend
Director Position Descriptions